10 Tips to Leap from your Day Job to Living your Purpose
Tired of the daily grind? Want more out of life?
Maybe it is time to start listening to your heart’s desires and living your life on your terms and living your purpose!
If you are feeling unsettled in your job it is time for you to do some self-discovery to see what is driving that feeling. Is it that you don’t like the actual work you are doing? Do you not like the management (this is the most common reason people leave their job)?
Do you have a deep yearning for something more?
Taking the leap from employee to entrepreneur can be one of the most exhilarating experiences or it can be one of life’s most challenging experiences. Creating a strategic plan is the difference between the two! Planning a successful leap will make the whole experience much less stressful and rewarding.
My personal journey from corporate to full time entrepreneur was a long one! As a single parent with a mortgage and a lucrative role in the corporate world it took some considerable planning, both personally and professionally.
Here are 10 things to consider when planning to quit your day job in pursuit of purpose, prosperity, and freedom.
1. Have a clear vision of what you would like your life to look like. I am not talking about just material things but all aspects of your life. Family, friends, the number of hours you work, where you will live, to name a few!
2. Make an overall plan.
3. Set a date and be sure it is realistic and make sure it corresponds with your overall plan.
4. Get support from family and friends. This is not as easy as it looks because those that love you will more often than not think you are crazy for leaving a lucrative job….even if you are miserable.
5. Do your best to have no debt when you leave….this can take some time!
6. Save at least 6 to 12 months of expenses and reduce expenses as much as possible to reduce financial stress for the first couple of years.
7. If possible start your company on the side. In a perfect world, you would run them lateral until the income generated from the business is relatively close to your salary from your job. This is not always possible so it is important to have lots of savings. And then save some more! Life happens! And you don’t want to have to go back to your job! I ran 2 companies on the side until I made the leap!
8. Consider using a coach to help you plan and hold you accountable to your plan. This truly was the key to my success in leaving the corporate world! I always held the vision but the coach pushed me to get there! This is now my passion…to support those that want to take the leap!
9. If time is on your side, consider multiple streams of income as long as they don’t take up all your time.
10. Consider doing part-time work while you ramp up your business. You will be amazed at how much money life costs!
Taking the leap from employee to entrepreneur is one of the most rewarding things I have ever done. It has also been one of the hardest….and I have not once regretted my decision.
Freedom, purpose and prosperity are waiting for you.
If you are ready to start living life on your terms and becoming a full time, a purpose-led entrepreneur I’d love to connect with you to get you started. Send me a message and let’s get started….or join in the next 5 Day L.E.A.P. to Freedom Challenge! https://www.flourishandfreedom.com/pl/178264
And don’t forget your copy of The Top 10 Exit Checklist! This is an essential list of the things most people don’t consider when planning to leave a job!